Effective date: June 2002, Last updated: 24 May 2017
Kantar Insights s.a ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Information we collect from you
We collect and process the following data on our site:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own research purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is used to generate statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns.
- Cookie: __utma - Name: Identity cookie - Expiry: 2 years Purpose: This cookie enables us to estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Cookie: __utmb - Name: Session cookie - Expiry: 30 minutes Purpose: This cookie enables us to identify you as a user between page loads. This allows us to remember certain settings
- Cookie: __utmz - Name: Referral cookie - Expiry: 6 months Purpose: This cookie stores the referral used by you to reach our site (e.g. a website search, an advert etc). The cookie is used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within our own site.
- Cookie: __utmx - Name: Optimiser cookie - Expiry: 2 years Purpose: This cookie helps determine the most effective design for our sites. You can find the latest information about these cookies in the Google Analytics site by clicking here.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. If your personal data is transferred to, stored at or otherwise processed in a country or territory outside the EEA, and that country or territory has not been recognised as providing an adequate level of data protection, we will put in place additional safeguards to protect your personal data, based on standard contractual clauses. You can ask us to provide a copy of these clauses by using the contact details below.
Third parties and data transfer across borders
You can be assured that we will protect your privacy. We will not make your personal information available to anyone without your agreement unless it is for research purposes only or if required by law. This includes your name and e-mail address.
We may share your personal data with third parties. Where these transfers are across borders or outside the EEA we shall put safeguards in place to ensure the transfer is made by a legitimate method for the purposes of EU data protection law and secure.
Your personal information may be collected, stored, transferred or processed by our sister companies within the WPP group, or 3rd party service providers for research-related purposes, such as data processing, and fulfilment of prize draws or other incentives both within and outside the EEA. They are all contractually bound to keep any information they collect and disclose to us or, we collect and disclose to them, confidential and must protect it with security standards and practices that are equivalent to our own.
Keeping your personal data secure
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We have listed below the ways in which we use your personal data. We are also required by law to explain the legal basis for using your personal data, and this is also set out below. The legal basis in each case is that we have your consent for the use of your personal data, or that we need to use your personal data in order to perform a contract with you, or that the use of your personal data is necessary for our (or third parties’) legitimate interests (in which case we will explain what those interests are). Where we use your personal data with your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer (this is based on our legitimate interest in ensuring that our site is presented to you in the most effective way possible).
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (this is based on your consent, which you may withdraw at any time).
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (this is based on contractual necessity – we need to use your personal data to perform our contract with you).
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service (this is based on our legitimate interest in keeping you informed about changes to our service).
We may also use your personal data, or permit selected companies within the Kantar Group to use your personal data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. This is based on our legitimate interest, or our group members’ legitimate interest, in providing you with information about our or their goods or services.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal data to any member of the Kantar group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006. We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Kantar or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Kantar, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
How long we keep your personal data
We are required by law to keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which we are using it. The period for which we keep your personal data will be determined by a number of criteria, including the purposes for which we are using the information, the amount and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk from any unauthorised use or disclosure of the information, and our legal and regulatory obligations.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You also have the following rights in relation to your personal data (some of these rights apply only in certain circumstances, and some of them vary according to the legal basis on which we are processing your data – please see above for further details):
- The right to ask whether we’re processing your personal data and, if we are, to find out details of that processing (as well as obtaining a copy of your personal data).
- The right to ask us to correct any personal data that we hold about you that’s inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to ask us to delete personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to object to how we’re processing your personal data, and to ask us to restrict how we’re processing your personal data.
- The right to have the personal data that you’ve provided to us provided to you in a structured and commonly-used electronic format. You can also ask us to transfer your personal data directly to another company if that’s feasible.
If you’re not happy with how we’ve dealt with your personal data, we’d like a chance to put it right – please contact us at email@example.com. However, you have the right to complain to a supervisory authority – the authority for Belgiumis the Privacy Commsion (https://www.privacycommission.be/en).
Children data collection
We never knowingly invite children under the age of 16 years to participate in research studies without consent. If it is necessary and appropriate to a particular project to directly involve children under the age of 16 years, we take measures to ensure we have been given permission by the responsible adult.
Automated decision making / profiling
In certain circumstances we shall carry out automated decision making or profiling about you. However, in the majority of cases this will not result in any legally significant decisions being made about you. You have the right to appeal if any automated decision made about you is legally significant. If you have any questions about this please contact us.
Links to other website
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.